In order to complete your application we need a bit more information to confirm your identity, address and validate your income. We may also need to confirm your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) or Tax Reference Number (TRN). We try to do this electronically but sometimes we need to see physical proof.
You'll shortly receive an application pack in the post detailing exactly what documents we require. You can provide these in one of two ways:
Simply visit your local branch where your documents will be validated and your application completed. Book a branch appointment
Return your documents along with your signed application form using the freepost envelope in your application pack. Your documents will need to be certified first.
For more information about which documents we can accept to confirm your identity, address and validate your income click here
What documents can we accept as proof of your PPSN/TRN?
PPSN Verification documents:
- Any correspondence from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners addressed to you showing your PPSN (excluding the Public Service Card);
- P21, Tax Assessment or Notice of Tax Credits;
- Receipt of Social Welfare Payment;
- Medical Card / Drug Payment Scheme (DPS) Card; or
- Payslip, P60/P45
Please note we are unable to accept your Social Services Card as proof of your PPSN.
TRN Verification Documents:
- Any correspondence from a government department which shows your Individual Tax Reference Number; or
- Passport confirming your Individual Tax Reference Number
Our assessment takes into account any current information that is available to us. It may, therefore, be inappropriate to offer you additional credit on this occasion.
You can appeal our decision however we cannot give any assurances that our original decision will be overturned. You should support your appeal by providing any additional relevant information that was not taken into account at the time of our original decision. Full details of our appeals procedure can be obtained from your local branch.