The Switcher Process
To assist you with the switching process, we have summarised for reference a list of the most common companies / organisations you may need to contact with your new account details.
Find out what role you, your new provider and Ulster Bank have in the switching process
Your responsibilities OpenClose
Your new provider OpenClose
Your new provider will open your new current account and provide you with a switcher pack to complete. This includes the Account Transfer Form and sample letter templates you can use to inform your employer & other parties of your new bank details
They will send the completed Account Transfer Form to Ulster Bank to commence the switch. This form includes the following:
- Signed authority to close your existing Ulster Bank account (if option A selected) with a nominated close date
- Authority to transfer your closing balance from your old to new account
- Instruction to share and update your Direct Debit & standing order information
They will set up your standing orders from the list provided by Ulster Bank.
They must ensure that all steps of the Switcher process have been completed within 10 working days from the agreed switch date.
Ulster Bank OpenClose
- When we receive your Account Transfer Form, we will provide a list of your Direct Debits & standing orders to your new provider. A copy will also be shared with you. UBIDAC must ensure that all steps are taken to facilitate moving your account within 7 working days of the switching date.
- We will notify any company in ROI with whom you have a Direct Debit with of your new bank details so they can update their records.
- We will close your existing Ulster Bank account. Debit interest & charges will be applied and the net balance will be transferred to your new account. provided you have selected this option within your Switcher pack which is recommended.
- Where requested, we will provide you with a bank statement for the past twelve months, free of charge.
Top tips for a smooth switch
Get the timing right
Contact anyone you pay by Direct Debit
Check your statements
Get set up for online banking
Avoid using your debit card
Don't forget about subscriptions
Use the switcher pack
Make sure your completed form is easy to read
Need additional support?
- Call our dedicated helpline on 1800 656 001