Make the most of Anytime Banking
How to check your balance
Checking your balance using Anytime Banking couldnt be easier, simply login to see your latest balance and transactions on your Account Summary page.
- To view more information hover your mouse over your transactions.
- Click the 'View more transactions option to view and search up to 7 years of transaction history.
How to find your statements
You can view, download up to 7 years of statement history in PDF format using Anytime Banking. To view your latest statement online follow the steps below:
- Select 'Statements' from the left hand menu of Anytime Banking and click on the 'View, save and print PDF statements and certificates of interest (up to 7 years)' option.
- Choose an account from the list and click 'Next', then choose which date range you want to view.
- Click 'View statement'. Your full statement for that date range will be displayed. At the top of the statement click on the 'Download Statement (PDF)' link.
- When prompted select 'Open'. Your statement will be downloaded and opened as a PDF file. You can now print or save the PDF file.
How to transfer money between your accounts
The 'Quick transfers' option in the bottom left of the screen is the fast and simple way to transfer funds between your accounts on Anytime Banking.
If you want want to send a payment to your credit card, select your card on the Account Summary screen, then select 'Pay credit card' option.
How to pay bills and send money using Anytime Banking
You can send money to friends and family or pay bills quickly and easily using Anytime Banking. (remember you'll need to order a card reader to set up new payments through Anytime Banking).
- To set up a new payment select 'Payments and transfers' from the left hand menu then click 'Make a payment or transfer'
- Select the account you want to make the payment from, and the payee you want to pay, from the drop down lists
- Enter the amount and the date you want the money to leave your account, then select 'Next' and carefully check your payment details before clicking 'Confirm'
- Once you have clicked on 'Confirm' you will be shown a summary of your newly arranged payment
How to manage Direct Debits and regular payments
You can view or cancel Direct Debits using Anytime Banking, just click on the 'Payments and transfers' option in the left hand menu of Anytime Banking, then select 'Manage direct debits'.
A standing order is when you tell us to pay a fixed amount to someone straight from your account at regular intervals. The money is taken from your account automatically on a fixed date and will show up on your statement.
To create new or manage existing standing orders click on the 'Payments and transfers' option in the left hand menu of Anytime Banking, then select the option you need under the Standing orders section.
How to login if you've forgotten your customer number
Login using your debit or credit card
If you forget your customer number when logging into Anytime Banking, you can use the long number from the front of your debit or credit card instead.
To login in using your credit or debit card:
1) Select the 'Card number' option on the Anytime Banking login screen
2) Enter the 16 digit card number from your debit or credit card and click 'Continue'
3) Enter your PIN (personal identification number) & Password details as usual and 'Next' to login
A reminder of your customer number will be shown at the top of the Account Summary screen once you've logged in.
Top Tip: Did you know you can withdraw cash from an Ulster Bank cash machine without needing your card by using our Mobile App. Find out more
How to use Anytime Banking Mailbox
Your Anytime Banking Mailbox allows you to securely receive and access important mail we’ve sent you in electronic format.
You can view, download or print PDF copies of your mail whenever you like.
We will automatically send eligible mail to your Anytime Banking Mailbox as well as sending a paper copy by post. If you don’t need the paper version, you can choose to go paperless by selecting the 'Paperless settings' option in the left hand menu within Anytime Banking.
We’re continuing to make more letters available to access online. You can now receive selected account opening letters to your Mailbox, so if you’re opening a new savings account, current account or personal loan you’ll see your new account documents in your Mailbox.