An update from Ulster Bank
On 19 February 2021 we announced a phased withdrawal of all our banking activity and associated services within the Republic of Ireland. We now want to update this with important information regarding notice to close Personal Banking products/services to new business.
Ulster Bank Ireland DAC will not accept any new application requests with effect from close of business 29 October 2021. However, there are some exceptions to this change for existing customers.
- Mortgages: we will continue to accept applications from all existing customers for new mortgage lending after close of business 29 October 2021. It is important to understand that, should your mortgage be fully approved and offer letter issued, it will transfer to a new provider in the future. Please contact our mortgage team for support and assistance to inquire about applying on 1890 252 270. Open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (except bank holidays).
- Overdrafts: we will accept overdraft applications for both new and increased limits from existing current account customers in limited circumstances to provide customers access to short term emergency funds.
There are some further exceptional circumstances, relating to Credit Cards, Home and Car Insurance and Financial Planning Advice, which may impact a limited number of customers. For more details please see our Frequently Asked Questions below.
How does this affect you?
- If you are not considering making an application to us between now and close of business 29 October 2021, there is no need for you to take any action. Your existing products with us are not affected right now. We will notify you of any changes to them and any action you need to take when necessary.
- If you have already made an application to us we will continue to support you throughout the process of your application until conclusion.
- If you are considering making an application to us we will continue to accept applications from new and existing customers up to close of business 29 October 2021. After which only applications can be made by existing customers and in line with the exceptions which are detailed in our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
As part of our phased withdrawal plan, we will communicate with you directly in advance of any changes which affect you and any action required by you. We remain committed to keeping you informed as appropriate throughout.
Updated: 30th July 2021