Important Notice about Closure to New Business
With effect from close of business 29 October 2021, Ulster Bank Ireland DAC will not accept any new application requests from personal customers. There are some exceptions to this for existing customers, click here for further information.
Compare our short and long term loans
Loans from €2,500 to €75,000
€10,000 over 5 years at 8.17% p.a. fixed, 8.5% Annual Percentage Rate, with 60 monthly repayments of €203.64.
Total amount repayable €12,218.40.
Considering a personal loan?
What is a personal loan?
It allows you to borrow a fixed amount over a fixed term, usually at a fixed rate of interest.
- Borrow between €2,500 and €75,000
Flexible repayment terms of 1 - 10 years (depending on your loan purpose)
- Borrow for almost any purpose
Buying a new car, making some home improvements or funding your child's university education? We could help.
- Monthly repayments with no upfront fees or charges
Your rate is fixed for the term of the loan meaning no unexpected changes to your repayment amount. We won't charge you to set up your loan.
- Apply online and we'll pre-fill part of your application to save you time.
We will not give a personal loan for these reasons
- House purchase or site/land purchase
- Share purchase
- Purchase of property or land overseas;
- Deposit for the purchase of property or land including mortgage, either in Ireland or overseas;
- Repaying or reducing a mortgage either in Ireland or overseas;
- Mortgage arrears either in Ireland or overseas;
- Investment in a business venture;
- Gambling and/or repayment of a gambling debt;
- Illegal/unethical purposes;
- Home Improvement Loans for rented properties. Available to home owners only.
Calculate your monthly loan repayments before starting your application
When applying for a loan online you won't have an opportunity to amend your loan amount without restarting your application.
Save yourself time and do the sums upfront in three simple steps.