A guide to closing or switching your business current account
Ready to Close Your Account right now?
To continue with this process, you will require:
- Your existing sort code and account number or IBAN
- Details of the new account (IBAN and BIC) you want the balance transferred to
- Details of your Ulster Bank Commercial Card Programme to be closed (Your Commercial Card Programme number can be found on your most recent Commercial Card statement), if applicable
You can request to close your account by selecting one of the three options below:
- Completing the paper free option of our Online Closure form (from the link below) or
- Completing our account closure form, which is available to download (from the link below) or
- Making your request in writing, signed in line with your account mandate, and sending it to us at FREEPOST Ulster Bank, PO Box 13432, Dublin 18
Micro-SME Overdraft Customers – Information and Assistance
We have begun communicating with Micro-SME customers with Overdraft facilities and all customers will shortly have received at least two letters about their account closure date. These customers will also lose access to their overdraft facility beyond this closure date and will need to repay their overdraft balance.
In these letters we have made customers aware of a streamlined application portal with Permanent TSB if they wish to apply for a new overdraft facility with Permanent TSB. Each customer has been provided with a unique ID code to help them with this application process if they wish to use it. Customers are free to choose a provider of their choice and do not have to apply to PTSB for a replacement current account or overdraft.
Any customer that needs extra assistance with replacing their overdraft facility or with any concerns about their ability to otherwise repay their overdrawn balance should call us immediately on 0818 211 690 or 0044 2890 538 459 if calling from abroad (8.30am – 5.30pm Mon-Fri).
Products No Longer Available
These products & services are no longer available for sale. This information is provided for reference purposes only.
Important information - Business Banking Brochures
Please go to Brochures Overview to access our full suite of Ulster Bank business brochures.
Need additional support?
- Visit our help page for online support guides.
- Check out our frequently asked questions.
- Call our dedicated helpline on 1800 818375 or +35315317171 from outside the Republic of Ireland. Line opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 09:00 am until 17:00 pm. Call costs may vary and calls from mobile phones may not be free.