The Switcher Process
Switching Your Business Current Account(s)
The switching service enables customers to switch their current account to another provider, meaning that you won’t need to contact us separately to close your account, this will all be done through the switching service if you choose to avail of it. You will need to contact your new payment service provider to initiate the switcher process.
There is a Central Bank Code of Conduct relating to the Switching of Payment Accounts between Payment Service Providers. This account switching service is only available for transmission accounts (Current Accounts) and will not transfer your other accounts e.g. Deposit Accounts. For further information please refer to the Central Bank's code of conduct on Switching.
The switcher service gives you the option to close your Ulster Bank account when the switch takes place in which case Ulster Bank will:
- Debit any charges and/or interest due
- Close your old bank account and transfer a credit balance to your new account
- Send you an account closing statement
We may not be able to close your account if:
- There is ongoing transaction activity on the account
- There is a debit balance on the account at time of closure
- There are other Ulster Bank products associated with the account
You should ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account(s) to meet any standing orders, direct debits or cheques presented to your account(s) during the switching process and to cover the charges/interest due on account closure.
Need additional support?
- Call our dedicated helpline on 1800 818375 or +35315317171 from outside the Republic of Ireland. Line opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 09:00 am until 17:00 pm. Call costs may vary and calls from mobile phones may not be free.